Compound time signature such as (3+2)/8?
Torsten Anders
2011-07-19 12:21:24 UTC
Dear David,

Does fomus already support compound time signatures such as (3+2)/8? I am specifically interested to have (3+3+2)/8

Lilypond does support these time signatures (see http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/notation/displaying-rhythms). If fomus does not yet support such time signatures directly, I could add the relevant Lilypond code manually to the fomus file, e.g.,

\override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = #(compound-time "2" "3" "8")
\set Staff.beatStructure = #'(2 3)

and fomus would add automatically

\time 5/8

Best wishes,
Torsten

--
Dr Torsten Anders
Course Leader, Music Technology
http://www.torsten-anders.de
David Psenicka
2011-07-24 06:57:18 UTC
I haven't added this feature yet... I can add some initial support for
this in the next release (possibly a `compound-timesig' setting that
tells fomus to look at the metrical division and notate a compound time
signature from that)
Torsten Anders
2011-08-05 15:29:22 UTC
Dear David,
Post by Torsten Anders
Does fomus already support compound time signatures such as (3+2)/8? I am specifically interested to have (3+3+2)/8
Just found the setting default-measdivs, which does what I need using

default-measdivs = ((3 3 2))

Thanks for your work on fomus!

Best wishes,
Torsten