switching off cresc/dim
Peter O'Doherty
2012-01-09 12:35:45 UTC
I have two questions:

I want to map the numbers in the range 0.1 - 1.0 (steps of 0.1) to the
dynamic values pppp - ffff. Is the code below the best way to do it?

And, is there a way to switch off cresc/ dim? Adjacent values (as in the
example) have a cresc or dim added. I just want the discrete dynamics.

Many thanks,
Peter

dyns = yes
init-tempo = 60
dyn-range = (0.1 1.0)
dynsym-range = (pppp ffff)

time + duration 1 pitch 60 [>] dyn 0.1 ;
time + duration 1 pitch 61 dyn 0.2;
time + duration 1 pitch 62 dyn 0.3 ;
time + duration 1 pitch 63 dyn 0.4;
time + duration 1 pitch 64 dyn 0.5;
time + duration 1 pitch 65 dyn 0.6;
time + duration 1 pitch 66 dyn 0.7;
time + duration 1 pitch 67 dyn 0.8;
time + duration 1 pitch 68 dyn 0.9;
time + duration 1 pitch 69 dyn 1.0;
--
//=============================
-> Peter O'Doherty
David Psenicka
2012-01-10 02:57:15 UTC
'dyn-wedge = 0' should get rid of the wedges. Setting dyn-range and
dynsym-range to those values should give you the output you want.
However, my debug-enabled build is catching a problem with the dynamics
that I need to fix (this might be why you're not getting the output you
expect, I have to look at the problem more closely).
Hi,